Monday 12 November 2012

Week 6: Inspired

Monday

Feeling bright and breezy this  morning about coming into work. I know it has something to do with the CPD25 conference on Friday. Never have I felt more like this is the ideal career for me. Met some like minded people, and ate some impressive (as far as conference lunches go) vegan friendly lunch. I was a little sad that I had to leave early to catch a train home, would have liked to have stuck around for a pint, and some conversation.
 
 So, after doing some journal circulation, I had a sit down with Abby and talked about progression, references, applications etc. Little bit of a panic because I know that some of the deadlines are coming up, but feel secure in the fact that I know I can get them done, well. It all depends on whether or not the schools want to take me. Heh. Heh. Heh.
 
 
SO GET GOING EMMA!
 
And, I did. It was quiet on the first part of my issue desk shift, so managed to get a few basic parts of some applications done. Then it got real busy, with lots of little problems and enquiries. Proud of myself, really for just getting on with it. Y'know. Initiative and all. *wink wink*
 
This afternoon, I've been fiddling around, accessioning some books, swearing at bar code stickers, and getting lovely inky patterns on my hands. Also have been able to speak to some postgraduates, who gave me their own perspectives on distance, FT and PT learning. Very helpful indeed!
 
So, now I know what I want, I just have to get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment